LDS to host annual creche holiday celebration in Dec.
MANCHESTER - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will host its fifth Annual Creche, Cookie and Carol Celebration on Dec. 1 from 5 to 8 p.m. and Dec. 2 from 6 to 8 p.m. at 105 Wind Song Ave.
Children and families are invited to the church's open house, featuring more than 60 creche exhibits from around the world, including Thailand, Africa and Jerusalem.
Holiday music will be performed by The Voluntaires Choir and the McKelvie Middle School Choir of Bedford.
A creche is a representation of the birth of Jesus Christ in a stable at Bethlehem.
St. Francis of Assisi is credited with creating the first nativity scene, meant to worship Jesus Christ.
"We were delighted that more than 300 people attended last year's event," Scott Earnshaw, Bedford resident and co-chairman of the event said "We certainly appreciate the number of people in the church and the broader community who are willing to lend us creches and decorate the display hall for the occasion."
Musical performances throughout the weekend will include Linda Rose of Goffstown on the violin. Children and families are invited to dress up in nativity costumes for photo shoots.
There is always a nice cross-pollination of members from other church communities celebrating the weekend, said Earnshaw. "Overall, this is just a great community interfaith event."
For more information visit: crechecookiesandcarol2012.eventbrite.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
- UPDATE: America selects Preston for top 13 in "American Idol" - 0
- UPDATE: Mont Vernon man chosen as ‘American Idol’ top 20 contestant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 1
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video