Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Parker, Duncan lead Spurs past Celtics
BOSTON - Tony Parker scored 26 points and Tim Duncan added 20 points and 15 rebounds and San Antonio opened a six-game road trip by defeating Boston, 112-100, Wednesday.
Rajon Rondo of the Celtics had 22 points and 15 assists for his 35th consecutive double-digit assist outing. Only Magic Johnson (46 in 1983-84) and John Stockton (37 in 1989) have longer streaks in NBA history.
Paul Pierce scored 19 points and Brandon Bass added 16 for the Celtics. The Spurs shot 58.4 percent from the field and received a big effort from Tiago Splitter, who scored 23 points on 9-of-11 shooting.
San Antonio led by double digits for most of the final quarter before Boston moved within 104-98 on Rondo's basket with 3:15 remaining. Duncan answered with a basket and Splitter hit two free throws to start a game-ending 8-2 run.
Parker scored 15 first-half points and San Antonio shot 56.4 percent from the field en route to a 56-48 halftime lead. Boston was within 76-74 late in the third quarter before the Spurs scored the final six points of the stanza.
Concord, N.H., native Matt Bonner did not play for the Spurs.
- - - - - - -
GAME NOTEBOOK: San Antonio had a 41-25 edge on the boards and Boston had just one offensive rebound. It came when Bass grabbed one with 1:28 to play. ... Kevin Garnett with 14 points and Jason Terry (12) also scored in double figures for Boston. ... Duncan played in his 1,123rd game with the Spurs to move into fifth place on the list of most games played with one franchise. He had been tied with Hall of Famer Hal Greer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
- Memorial boys take city track meet for 10th straight year - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Pinkerton beats Trinity in key game - 0
- Kevin Gray's H.S. Lacrosse: It's not easy facing West - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
License revocations for DWI announced
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands