Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Parker, Duncan lead Spurs past Celtics
BOSTON - Tony Parker scored 26 points and Tim Duncan added 20 points and 15 rebounds and San Antonio opened a six-game road trip by defeating Boston, 112-100, Wednesday.
Rajon Rondo of the Celtics had 22 points and 15 assists for his 35th consecutive double-digit assist outing. Only Magic Johnson (46 in 1983-84) and John Stockton (37 in 1989) have longer streaks in NBA history.
Paul Pierce scored 19 points and Brandon Bass added 16 for the Celtics. The Spurs shot 58.4 percent from the field and received a big effort from Tiago Splitter, who scored 23 points on 9-of-11 shooting.
San Antonio led by double digits for most of the final quarter before Boston moved within 104-98 on Rondo's basket with 3:15 remaining. Duncan answered with a basket and Splitter hit two free throws to start a game-ending 8-2 run.
Parker scored 15 first-half points and San Antonio shot 56.4 percent from the field en route to a 56-48 halftime lead. Boston was within 76-74 late in the third quarter before the Spurs scored the final six points of the stanza.
Concord, N.H., native Matt Bonner did not play for the Spurs.
- - - - - - -
GAME NOTEBOOK: San Antonio had a 41-25 edge on the boards and Boston had just one offensive rebound. It came when Bass grabbed one with 1:28 to play. ... Kevin Garnett with 14 points and Jason Terry (12) also scored in double figures for Boston. ... Duncan played in his 1,123rd game with the Spurs to move into fifth place on the list of most games played with one franchise. He had been tied with Hall of Famer Hal Greer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bucks snap skid at 11, top Celtics - 0
- Green, Celtics blow out Cavs - 0
- Celtics late rally falls short - 0
- Crawford, Celtics ease past Bobcats - 0
- Celtics top Hawks to halt six-game skid - 0
- Spurs top Celtics to extend win streak - 0
- Timberwolves hand Celtics third straight loss - 0
- Aldridge double-double sends Celtics to loss - 0
- Warning sign saves former St. A hoop coach Clifford - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice