Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Parker, Duncan lead Spurs past Celtics
BOSTON - Tony Parker scored 26 points and Tim Duncan added 20 points and 15 rebounds and San Antonio opened a six-game road trip by defeating Boston, 112-100, Wednesday.
Rajon Rondo of the Celtics had 22 points and 15 assists for his 35th consecutive double-digit assist outing. Only Magic Johnson (46 in 1983-84) and John Stockton (37 in 1989) have longer streaks in NBA history.
Paul Pierce scored 19 points and Brandon Bass added 16 for the Celtics. The Spurs shot 58.4 percent from the field and received a big effort from Tiago Splitter, who scored 23 points on 9-of-11 shooting.
San Antonio led by double digits for most of the final quarter before Boston moved within 104-98 on Rondo's basket with 3:15 remaining. Duncan answered with a basket and Splitter hit two free throws to start a game-ending 8-2 run.
Parker scored 15 first-half points and San Antonio shot 56.4 percent from the field en route to a 56-48 halftime lead. Boston was within 76-74 late in the third quarter before the Spurs scored the final six points of the stanza.
Concord, N.H., native Matt Bonner did not play for the Spurs.
- - - - - - -
GAME NOTEBOOK: San Antonio had a 41-25 edge on the boards and Boston had just one offensive rebound. It came when Bass grabbed one with 1:28 to play. ... Kevin Garnett with 14 points and Jason Terry (12) also scored in double figures for Boston. ... Duncan played in his 1,123rd game with the Spurs to move into fifth place on the list of most games played with one franchise. He had been tied with Hall of Famer Hal Greer.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed