Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Parker, Duncan lead Spurs past Celtics
BOSTON - Tony Parker scored 26 points and Tim Duncan added 20 points and 15 rebounds and San Antonio opened a six-game road trip by defeating Boston, 112-100, Wednesday.
Rajon Rondo of the Celtics had 22 points and 15 assists for his 35th consecutive double-digit assist outing. Only Magic Johnson (46 in 1983-84) and John Stockton (37 in 1989) have longer streaks in NBA history.
Paul Pierce scored 19 points and Brandon Bass added 16 for the Celtics. The Spurs shot 58.4 percent from the field and received a big effort from Tiago Splitter, who scored 23 points on 9-of-11 shooting.
San Antonio led by double digits for most of the final quarter before Boston moved within 104-98 on Rondo's basket with 3:15 remaining. Duncan answered with a basket and Splitter hit two free throws to start a game-ending 8-2 run.
Parker scored 15 first-half points and San Antonio shot 56.4 percent from the field en route to a 56-48 halftime lead. Boston was within 76-74 late in the third quarter before the Spurs scored the final six points of the stanza.
Concord, N.H., native Matt Bonner did not play for the Spurs.
- - - - - - -
GAME NOTEBOOK: San Antonio had a 41-25 edge on the boards and Boston had just one offensive rebound. It came when Bass grabbed one with 1:28 to play. ... Kevin Garnett with 14 points and Jason Terry (12) also scored in double figures for Boston. ... Duncan played in his 1,123rd game with the Spurs to move into fifth place on the list of most games played with one franchise. He had been tied with Hall of Famer Hal Greer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
- Keene State professor eager to explore plant’s mysteries - 0
- Windham to reconsider dodgeball ban - 0
- Hooksett students taken to nearby school after gas leak - 0
- Londonderry students who haven't had whooping cough vaccine asked to stay home - 0
- Pinkerton Academy grads told they are 'a promising generation' - 1
- Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith - 0
- Nashua South grads told to embrace lessons from challenges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?