Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Parker, Duncan lead Spurs past Celtics
BOSTON - Tony Parker scored 26 points and Tim Duncan added 20 points and 15 rebounds and San Antonio opened a six-game road trip by defeating Boston, 112-100, Wednesday.
Rajon Rondo of the Celtics had 22 points and 15 assists for his 35th consecutive double-digit assist outing. Only Magic Johnson (46 in 1983-84) and John Stockton (37 in 1989) have longer streaks in NBA history.
Paul Pierce scored 19 points and Brandon Bass added 16 for the Celtics. The Spurs shot 58.4 percent from the field and received a big effort from Tiago Splitter, who scored 23 points on 9-of-11 shooting.
San Antonio led by double digits for most of the final quarter before Boston moved within 104-98 on Rondo's basket with 3:15 remaining. Duncan answered with a basket and Splitter hit two free throws to start a game-ending 8-2 run.
Parker scored 15 first-half points and San Antonio shot 56.4 percent from the field en route to a 56-48 halftime lead. Boston was within 76-74 late in the third quarter before the Spurs scored the final six points of the stanza.
Concord, N.H., native Matt Bonner did not play for the Spurs.
- - - - - - -
GAME NOTEBOOK: San Antonio had a 41-25 edge on the boards and Boston had just one offensive rebound. It came when Bass grabbed one with 1:28 to play. ... Kevin Garnett with 14 points and Jason Terry (12) also scored in double figures for Boston. ... Duncan played in his 1,123rd game with the Spurs to move into fifth place on the list of most games played with one franchise. He had been tied with Hall of Famer Hal Greer.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
- NH Preservation Alliance honors 10 for protecting historic treasures - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid