H.S. Football: Salem loses to Lawrence, Mass., to finish season winless at 0-11
Lawrence took the upper hand in the annual Thanksgiving football game against Salem, posting a 28-0 victory over the Blue Devils at Fitzgerald Field in Lawrence, Mass., Wednesday night.
Lawrence has posted a 2-1 record against Salem since the schools established a holiday game.
Quarterback Louis Rosa opened the scoring with a long touchdown pass to Franger Baez, and the Lancers upped the lead to 14-0 lead in the second quarter. Lawrence (3-8) bottled up Salem's offense, handing the Blue Devils their first shutout since 2008.
Salem finished the season at 0-11.
The schools, located 8 miles apart, began the series in 2010. Salem won the Turkey Day opener, 44-38.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
- NH Preservation Alliance honors 10 for protecting historic treasures - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid