H.S. Football: Salem loses to Lawrence, Mass., to finish season winless at 0-11
Lawrence took the upper hand in the annual Thanksgiving football game against Salem, posting a 28-0 victory over the Blue Devils at Fitzgerald Field in Lawrence, Mass., Wednesday night.
Lawrence has posted a 2-1 record against Salem since the schools established a holiday game.
Quarterback Louis Rosa opened the scoring with a long touchdown pass to Franger Baez, and the Lancers upped the lead to 14-0 lead in the second quarter. Lawrence (3-8) bottled up Salem's offense, handing the Blue Devils their first shutout since 2008.
Salem finished the season at 0-11.
The schools, located 8 miles apart, began the series in 2010. Salem won the Turkey Day opener, 44-38.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan