H.S. Football: Salem loses to Lawrence, Mass., to finish season winless at 0-11
Lawrence took the upper hand in the annual Thanksgiving football game against Salem, posting a 28-0 victory over the Blue Devils at Fitzgerald Field in Lawrence, Mass., Wednesday night.
Lawrence has posted a 2-1 record against Salem since the schools established a holiday game.
Quarterback Louis Rosa opened the scoring with a long touchdown pass to Franger Baez, and the Lancers upped the lead to 14-0 lead in the second quarter. Lawrence (3-8) bottled up Salem's offense, handing the Blue Devils their first shutout since 2008.
Salem finished the season at 0-11.
The schools, located 8 miles apart, began the series in 2010. Salem won the Turkey Day opener, 44-38.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
- Keene State professor eager to explore plant’s mysteries - 0
- Windham to reconsider dodgeball ban - 0
- Hooksett students taken to nearby school after gas leak - 0
- Londonderry students who haven't had whooping cough vaccine asked to stay home - 0
- Pinkerton Academy grads told they are 'a promising generation' - 1
- Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith - 0
- Nashua South grads told to embrace lessons from challenges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?