H.S. Football: Salem loses to Lawrence, Mass., to finish season winless at 0-11
Lawrence took the upper hand in the annual Thanksgiving football game against Salem, posting a 28-0 victory over the Blue Devils at Fitzgerald Field in Lawrence, Mass., Wednesday night.
Lawrence has posted a 2-1 record against Salem since the schools established a holiday game.
Quarterback Louis Rosa opened the scoring with a long touchdown pass to Franger Baez, and the Lancers upped the lead to 14-0 lead in the second quarter. Lawrence (3-8) bottled up Salem's offense, handing the Blue Devils their first shutout since 2008.
Salem finished the season at 0-11.
The schools, located 8 miles apart, began the series in 2010. Salem won the Turkey Day opener, 44-38.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA track meets rescheduled to Sunday - 0
- High School Lacrosse: Trinity a pushover no longer - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Santos hits milestone in BG girls’ lacrosse win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- Milford's Morgan Andrews named Gatorade NationalGirls Soccer Player of the Year - 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce opens D-II World Series with win - 0
- Fisher Cats stop New Britain in completion of suspended game - 0
- Red Sox rally in eighth inning to clip Cleveland - 0
- NH's Locke wins again for Pirates; now 5-1 on year - 0
- No one injured in Manchester police cruiser crash - 0
- Animal Rescue League names Volunteer of Year - 0
- NH Business People: State Motors receives top dealer honor - 0
- Exeter company launches refrigerated dog food line - 0
- Gorham mill's new CEO aims for niche market - 0
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
Memorial Day services, events around NH