H.S. Football: Salem loses to Lawrence, Mass., to finish season winless at 0-11
Lawrence took the upper hand in the annual Thanksgiving football game against Salem, posting a 28-0 victory over the Blue Devils at Fitzgerald Field in Lawrence, Mass., Wednesday night.
Lawrence has posted a 2-1 record against Salem since the schools established a holiday game.
Quarterback Louis Rosa opened the scoring with a long touchdown pass to Franger Baez, and the Lancers upped the lead to 14-0 lead in the second quarter. Lawrence (3-8) bottled up Salem's offense, handing the Blue Devils their first shutout since 2008.
Salem finished the season at 0-11.
The schools, located 8 miles apart, began the series in 2010. Salem won the Turkey Day opener, 44-38.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Voter restrictions: Who will govern us? - 26
- School board papers: Beaudry gets left behind - 1
- Data overreach Are programs really justified? The weak case for PRISM. - 11
- A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely - 8
- Border security? Maybe, some day, perhaps. Or not - 35
- Priority profs: University system tops HHS - 5
- Recognizing father: Not PC, but still OK - 1
- Closing Hanover St.: Not a 'free market' move - 6
- Step into the past: Discover old NH this weekend - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 0
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 12
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Londonderry emergency shelter will now be open to pets - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time