Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Road rage leads Candia man in court
Todd Goodman is being charged with reckless operation and conduct after an accident, after a road rage incident in Candia he failed to report. (Courtesy of the Candia Police Department)
A Candia man’s temper on the road has landed him in court for reckless driving after he allegedly committed a hit-and-run against a woman whose languid driving sapped his patience.
According to the police affidavit, Todd Goodman, 46 of Candia, was driving behind Deborah Deslongchamps on Merrill Road in Candia in the evening of Nov. 6 when he became frustrated, believing she was driving too slowly and braking too frequently. Losing his patience, he made an attempt to pass Deslongchamps on the left, despite the fact that there were no legal passing zones on Merrill Rd.
As he was completing the pass, Goodman pulled back into the lane prematurely, scraping the front of Deslongchamps’ vehicle with his rear bumper and back-right tire. No one was hurt as a result of the incident, and the cars both remained on the road.
According to the affidavit, however, Goodman made no attempt to stop or contact police. He later acknowledged to Candia police that he had a cell phone on him at the time.
As Goodman continued to drive after the incident, Deslongchamps took down his license place number and called Candia police around 7:00 p.m. A registration check identified Goodman’s Jeep Wrangler.
Candia Police Officer Daniel Gray later visited Goodman’s residence and found the Jeep in the garage, having sustained damage consistent with the accident. During the interview, Goodman freely acknowledged the incident and his failure to report it. Gray notes in the affidavit, “when I first arrived at the home he was even puzzled as to why I was there.”
Goodman has been charged with conduct after an accident (hit-and-run), reckless operation, and unlawful passing on the left. A first offense for reckless operation can impose a minimum $500 fine and a 60-day license suspension. As no one was injured, the hit-and-run charge is a misdemeanor. Conduct after an accident charges in which the victim is killed or injured are Class B felonies.
Goodman was released on $750 personal recognizance bail on Nov. 13. He will appear before the 10th Circuit District Division Court in Candia on the morning of December 5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief charged in wife's assault - 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 1
- Police say woman, daughters robbed of their purses in Manchester motel parking lot - 1
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities say Derry fire driven by oxygen - 0
- Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost' - 0
- N.J. Gov. Christie stumps for Scott Brown in N.H. visit - 0
- Priceline exec to speak at New England College on Sept. 24 - 0
- BIA annual dinner set for Oct. 29 - 0
- Aerosmith drummer debuts coffee K-cups in Durham - 0
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Vikings reverse field, sit Peterson - 0
- Obama vows U.S. will not fight ground war - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917