City's winter parking law goes into effect Dec. 1
MANCHESTER - The city's winter parking ordinance will go into effect Dec. 1.
Overnight parking on the street during the winter is allowed on odd-numbered sides of the street on odd-numbered days and on even-numbered sides of the street on even-numbered days, according to a release from the city Department of Public Works.
A violation of the ordinance carries a $25 fine, the release said. If a snow emergency is declared, any car parked on the streets will be towed and impounded. A blinking strobe light is activated and announcements are made on local radio and television stations whenever a snow emergency is declared.
Impounded cars are stored at the city's impound lot at Derryfield Park off of Bridge Street. In order to recover an impounded car, an owner must have proof of ownership and pay a $110 cash fine.
Parking during a snow emergency is available at the Victory parking garage at 25 Vine St. from 10 p.m. the night of the emergency to 6 a.m. the next day.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Clergy to take Ash Wednesday to the streets today in Concord - 0
- Roman Catholic Bishop Libasci offers his message for Lent - 0
- ‘Son of God’ attracting the faithful and movie-lovers in NH - 0
- Seacoast churches offer program introducing Episcopal faith - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News Briefs - 0
- New Cardinal Gerald Lacroix thanks his mom and dad - 2
- NH family cheers newly installed Cardinal Lacroix - 1
- New cardinal surrounded by love from NH - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief