City's winter parking law goes into effect Dec. 1
MANCHESTER - The city's winter parking ordinance will go into effect Dec. 1.
Overnight parking on the street during the winter is allowed on odd-numbered sides of the street on odd-numbered days and on even-numbered sides of the street on even-numbered days, according to a release from the city Department of Public Works.
A violation of the ordinance carries a $25 fine, the release said. If a snow emergency is declared, any car parked on the streets will be towed and impounded. A blinking strobe light is activated and announcements are made on local radio and television stations whenever a snow emergency is declared.
Impounded cars are stored at the city's impound lot at Derryfield Park off of Bridge Street. In order to recover an impounded car, an owner must have proof of ownership and pay a $110 cash fine.
Parking during a snow emergency is available at the Victory parking garage at 25 Vine St. from 10 p.m. the night of the emergency to 6 a.m. the next day.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 16
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 7
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641