City's winter parking law goes into effect Dec. 1
MANCHESTER - The city's winter parking ordinance will go into effect Dec. 1.
Overnight parking on the street during the winter is allowed on odd-numbered sides of the street on odd-numbered days and on even-numbered sides of the street on even-numbered days, according to a release from the city Department of Public Works.
A violation of the ordinance carries a $25 fine, the release said. If a snow emergency is declared, any car parked on the streets will be towed and impounded. A blinking strobe light is activated and announcements are made on local radio and television stations whenever a snow emergency is declared.
Impounded cars are stored at the city's impound lot at Derryfield Park off of Bridge Street. In order to recover an impounded car, an owner must have proof of ownership and pay a $110 cash fine.
Parking during a snow emergency is available at the Victory parking garage at 25 Vine St. from 10 p.m. the night of the emergency to 6 a.m. the next day.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Man who escaped Kingston police station remains at large - 0
- Man shot by Nashua officer to plead guilty to some charges, avoid trial - 0
- Lamontagne, accomplice in Bedford home invasion, sentenced to 6 to 22 years - 2
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Tournaments: Div. I looks wide open - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Browner, 'D' shaping up - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 5
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 1
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
Baby found in Gilmanton meth lab raid
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
KSC student facing charges related to riot
2nd CD post-debate 'spin room': Garcia 'shocked' at how many times Kuster interrupted her
Tea Party PAC endorses Scott Brown
Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens
Lyndeborough's new Christmas tree destroyed
UNH Survey Center poll: Kuster leads Garcia