City's winter parking law goes into effect Dec. 1
MANCHESTER - The city's winter parking ordinance will go into effect Dec. 1.
Overnight parking on the street during the winter is allowed on odd-numbered sides of the street on odd-numbered days and on even-numbered sides of the street on even-numbered days, according to a release from the city Department of Public Works.
A violation of the ordinance carries a $25 fine, the release said. If a snow emergency is declared, any car parked on the streets will be towed and impounded. A blinking strobe light is activated and announcements are made on local radio and television stations whenever a snow emergency is declared.
Impounded cars are stored at the city's impound lot at Derryfield Park off of Bridge Street. In order to recover an impounded car, an owner must have proof of ownership and pay a $110 cash fine.
Parking during a snow emergency is available at the Victory parking garage at 25 Vine St. from 10 p.m. the night of the emergency to 6 a.m. the next day.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- AG to appeal ruling reinstating County Attorney Jim Reams - 3
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Judge reinstates suspended Rockingham County attorney - 4
- Former Manchester school chief Tom Brennan dies a year after he retired - 6
- Speedway, NH casino called a natural fit, track's GM says - 8
- Federal data shows which doctors reap Medicare millions - 3
- Privacy foremost at hearing on NH bill to restrict government spying, commercial use of drones - 18
- Six months later, Abigail's disappearance still a mystery - 1
- Retired judge reprimanded, told remarks were sexist - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- More than 100 NH doctors victims of identity theft, tax fraud - 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing