City's winter parking law goes into effect Dec. 1
MANCHESTER - The city's winter parking ordinance will go into effect Dec. 1.
Overnight parking on the street during the winter is allowed on odd-numbered sides of the street on odd-numbered days and on even-numbered sides of the street on even-numbered days, according to a release from the city Department of Public Works.
A violation of the ordinance carries a $25 fine, the release said. If a snow emergency is declared, any car parked on the streets will be towed and impounded. A blinking strobe light is activated and announcements are made on local radio and television stations whenever a snow emergency is declared.
Impounded cars are stored at the city's impound lot at Derryfield Park off of Bridge Street. In order to recover an impounded car, an owner must have proof of ownership and pay a $110 cash fine.
Parking during a snow emergency is available at the Victory parking garage at 25 Vine St. from 10 p.m. the night of the emergency to 6 a.m. the next day.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 6
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 5
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'