City's winter parking law goes into effect Dec. 1
MANCHESTER - The city's winter parking ordinance will go into effect Dec. 1.
Overnight parking on the street during the winter is allowed on odd-numbered sides of the street on odd-numbered days and on even-numbered sides of the street on even-numbered days, according to a release from the city Department of Public Works.
A violation of the ordinance carries a $25 fine, the release said. If a snow emergency is declared, any car parked on the streets will be towed and impounded. A blinking strobe light is activated and announcements are made on local radio and television stations whenever a snow emergency is declared.
Impounded cars are stored at the city's impound lot at Derryfield Park off of Bridge Street. In order to recover an impounded car, an owner must have proof of ownership and pay a $110 cash fine.
Parking during a snow emergency is available at the Victory parking garage at 25 Vine St. from 10 p.m. the night of the emergency to 6 a.m. the next day.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
- UPDATE: America selects Preston for top 13 in "American Idol" - 0
- UPDATE: Mont Vernon man chosen as ‘American Idol’ top 20 contestant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact