City's winter parking law goes into effect Dec. 1
MANCHESTER - The city's winter parking ordinance will go into effect Dec. 1.
Overnight parking on the street during the winter is allowed on odd-numbered sides of the street on odd-numbered days and on even-numbered sides of the street on even-numbered days, according to a release from the city Department of Public Works.
A violation of the ordinance carries a $25 fine, the release said. If a snow emergency is declared, any car parked on the streets will be towed and impounded. A blinking strobe light is activated and announcements are made on local radio and television stations whenever a snow emergency is declared.
Impounded cars are stored at the city's impound lot at Derryfield Park off of Bridge Street. In order to recover an impounded car, an owner must have proof of ownership and pay a $110 cash fine.
Parking during a snow emergency is available at the Victory parking garage at 25 Vine St. from 10 p.m. the night of the emergency to 6 a.m. the next day.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
- Merrimack dog owner desperate to find three missing Huskies - 1
- Dock-diving dogs woof it up at Humane Society fundraiser - 0
- Walk for Whiskers to raise money to support shelter - 0
- Falcon recovering from first-of-its-kind cataract surgery - 1
- Monadnock Humane Society board to address executive director's dismissal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
- Royals' ride six-run sixth to Game 2 win, even Series - 0
- Driver killed in crash on Route 101A in Amherst - 0
- Voynov attorney: 'There's no crime here' - 0
- Revis shows up late, sent home - 0
- Stocks retreat as energy shares drop - 0
- NH Business Newsreel: Boston Scientific has 3rd quarter profit - 0
- Striking FairPoint workers picket around the state - 0
- Toyota-Honda air bag crisis deepens in blow to confidence - 0
NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?