Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Laconia man gets 10 years for spree of burglaries
LACONIA - A Laconia resident who police said was one of the men responsible for "putting the entire city in lock-down" for fear of a nightime burglary while they were home is going to prison for at least 10 years.
Spencer Mullarkey, 34, of Bay Street, who was believed responsible for at least a dozen burglaries, mostly in the Lake City, pleaded guilty to 11 counts and was sentenced in Belknap County Superior Court.
Laconia police Sgt. Tomas Swett said Mularkey and his alleged accomplice, Joshua Shepard, frightened the city's residents and put police on added night detail.
In the end it was good police work which solved the crime, Swett said.
Residents, he said. "were freaked out. The city was in lock-down," until they were arrested.
Swett added that he thinks that Mullarkey's life may have been saved by his arrests.
"He has a chance to turn things around," he said.
Shepard, 33, of 267 Court Street, previously pled guilty to two counts of burglary and four counts of being an accomplice and received a 7 year sentence.
Shepard was previously convicted of negligent homicide for killing three Indiana motorcyclists in 2006 when his car struck them during Bike Week on Route 49 in Thornton.
The New Hampshire Supreme Court reversed his conviction and he was released from state custody.
Police said the duo may have been responsible for other burglaries in Laconia, Belmont, Sanbornton and Gilford.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Prosecutor says man has convictions dating back to 2006 - 0
- Hudson man accused in $5k theft, forgery case - 0
- Former Atkinson official facing false complaint charges - 0
- Londonderry woman shot during Maine home invasion - 0
- Ex-Sandown officer's lawsuit challenging Laurie list designation headed to trial - 2
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Three more arrested in connection to Keene riots - 0
- Former court security officer pleads guilty to sexual assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Granite Staters are front and center for UNH - 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
- College Football: These Redbirds can run and pass - 0
- Bedford pizza restaurant gets surprise makeover from Eastern Bank - 0
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 0
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 8
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- College Basketball: UNH women top Dartmouth - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Exeter skates past Trinity - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483