Home » News » Public Safety
Car crashes in Auburn, but nobody around
AUBURN — Police responding to a report of a motor vehicle crash involving three occupants found a damaged car but nobody around it Saturday night.
“It's kind of unusual,” said Sgt. Chip Chabot. “We'll hear from someone fairly shortly.”
The 2001 Subaru Legacy station wagon, which is owned by a Manchester resident, was found on Bypass 28, about 4 miles south of the Massabesic traffic circle, near Rattlesnake Hill Road.
The car was heading north based on tire tracks and hit a bunch of trees, he said. When police responded to the call around 7:40 p.m., they found the car locked up.
Anyone with information can call Auburn police at 483-2134.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads