Home » News » Public Safety
Man charged with reckless driving
CANDIA - A Candia man has being charged with reckless operation and conduct after an accident after hitting another vehicle during an illegal pass and attempting to flee the scene, police said.
According to the police affidavit, Todd Goodman, 46, of Candia, was driving behind Deborah Deslongchamps on Merrill Road in Candia on the night of Nov. 6 when he became frustrated, believing she was driving too slowly and braking too frequently.
He attempted to pass Deslongchamps on the left, despite the fact that there were no legal passing zones on Merrill Road.
As he was completing the pass, Goodman pulled back into the lane prematurely, scraping the front of Deslongchamps' vehicle with his rear right bumper and tire, according to police.
No one was hurt, and both cars remained on the road. According to the affidavit, Goodman made no attempt to stop or contact police.
Deslongchamps took down Goodman's license plate number and called Candia police around 7 p.m. A registration check identified Goodman's Jeep Wrangler.
Candia Police Officer Daniel Gray found Goodman's Jeep in the garage; it had damage consistent with the accident, according to police.
Goodman has been charged with conduct after an accident (hit-and-run), reckless operation and unlawful passing on the left.
He was released on $750 personal recognizance bail on Nov. 13. He will appear before the 10th Circuit District Division Court in Candia on Dec. 5.
READER COMMENTS: 66
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 26
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time