Home » News » Public Safety
Man charged with reckless driving
Todd Goodman is charged with reckless operation and conduct after an accident, after a road rage incident in Candia he failed to report. (Candia Police Department)
CANDIA - A Candia man has being charged with reckless operation and conduct after an accident after hitting another vehicle during an illegal pass and attempting to flee the scene, police said.
According to the police affidavit, Todd Goodman, 46, of Candia, was driving behind Deborah Deslongchamps on Merrill Road in Candia on the night of Nov. 6 when he became frustrated, believing she was driving too slowly and braking too frequently.
He attempted to pass Deslongchamps on the left, despite the fact that there were no legal passing zones on Merrill Road.
As he was completing the pass, Goodman pulled back into the lane prematurely, scraping the front of Deslongchamps' vehicle with his rear right bumper and tire, according to police.
No one was hurt, and both cars remained on the road. According to the affidavit, Goodman made no attempt to stop or contact police.
Deslongchamps took down Goodman's license plate number and called Candia police around 7 p.m. A registration check identified Goodman's Jeep Wrangler.
Candia Police Officer Daniel Gray found Goodman's Jeep in the garage; it had damage consistent with the accident, according to police.
Goodman has been charged with conduct after an accident (hit-and-run), reckless operation and unlawful passing on the left.
He was released on $750 personal recognizance bail on Nov. 13. He will appear before the 10th Circuit District Division Court in Candia on Dec. 5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 6
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 8
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 2
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 2
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 6
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright