Home » News » Public Safety
Man charged with reckless driving
Todd Goodman is charged with reckless operation and conduct after an accident, after a road rage incident in Candia he failed to report. (Candia Police Department)
CANDIA - A Candia man has being charged with reckless operation and conduct after an accident after hitting another vehicle during an illegal pass and attempting to flee the scene, police said.
According to the police affidavit, Todd Goodman, 46, of Candia, was driving behind Deborah Deslongchamps on Merrill Road in Candia on the night of Nov. 6 when he became frustrated, believing she was driving too slowly and braking too frequently.
He attempted to pass Deslongchamps on the left, despite the fact that there were no legal passing zones on Merrill Road.
As he was completing the pass, Goodman pulled back into the lane prematurely, scraping the front of Deslongchamps' vehicle with his rear right bumper and tire, according to police.
No one was hurt, and both cars remained on the road. According to the affidavit, Goodman made no attempt to stop or contact police.
Deslongchamps took down Goodman's license plate number and called Candia police around 7 p.m. A registration check identified Goodman's Jeep Wrangler.
Candia Police Officer Daniel Gray found Goodman's Jeep in the garage; it had damage consistent with the accident, according to police.
Goodman has been charged with conduct after an accident (hit-and-run), reckless operation and unlawful passing on the left.
He was released on $750 personal recognizance bail on Nov. 13. He will appear before the 10th Circuit District Division Court in Candia on Dec. 5.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 3
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof