Home » Sports » College Sports
College Hockey: A pair of hat tricks lift third-ranked UNH past No. 2 Denver, 6-4
DENVER – Grayson Downing and Kevin Goumas each scored their first career hat tricks as the third-ranked University of New Hampshire men's hockey team rallied from a early 3-0 deficit to capture a 6-4 win over the No. 2 University of Denver on Saturday night in non-conference action at Magness Arena.
UNH, which is now 5-0-1 in its last six games, improves to 9-1-2 overall. Denver is now 9-3-0 after being swept out by Yale and UNH.
Goumas added a pair of assists for a career-high five points, while six other Wildcats factored in scoring. It marks the first time UNH had two hat tricks in the same game since Jerry Pollastrone and Matt Fornataro did so in the Hockey East quarterfinals against UMass on March 15, 2008.
Jeff Wyer came on in relief of starter Casey DeSmith and stopped 18-of-19 shots in 50:55 of time in net to earn his first collegiate win. Sam Brittain allowed five goals on 30 shots and falls to 4-2-0 on the season.
-- UNH Sports Information
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 0
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
- Derry medical corps to seek grant - 0
- NH reps eyeing budget deal - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false