Lack of winner ups Wednesday's potential Powerball payout to record $425 million
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The top prize in the Powerball lottery will reach a record $425 million after no one won Saturday's drawing, a lottery official said Sunday.
Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer said the jackpot was $325 million for the drawing late Saturday. Powerball has not had a winner for two months.
The $425 million record jackpot could be raised before Wednesday's drawing since big payouts tend to spur sales, Neubauer said.
"We'll watch sales to see if an adjustment upwards needs to be made," she said. The cash payout will be a record $278.3 million.
The previous top Powerball prize was $365 million, won in 2006 by ConAgra slaughterhouse workers in Nebraska. The Powerball lottery is held in 42 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
In March, three winning tickets shared the largest U.S. lottery jackpot, the $656 million Mega Millions drawing
The winning Powerball numbers for Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Auburn Child Find clinic set - 0
- Rist defends his salary as interim Central principal - 5
- Londonderry band takes 1 trip for 2 parades - 0
- Londonderry students rewarded with indoor 'snowball' fight - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- $1 million cut from Nashua school budget - 0
- Video on molestation, shown to Manchester 3rd graders, upsets parents - 19
- Claremont high school’s renovation causes upset, sparks inspection - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents