Home » News » Public Safety
Hopkinton garage burns, home OK
HOPKINTON - Firefighters were able to stop flames from a garage fire from spreading to a nearby home on Buzwell Corner Road Sunday afternoon.
Deputy Fire Chief Doug Mumford said his department received a call at 2:44 p.m. Sunday reporting heavy smoke and flames in a detached garage at 46 Buzwell Corner Road. Upon arrival, crews found a 30-by-60-foot detached garage engulfed in flames.
Mumford said the fire was knocked down after about 90 minutes, with firefighters maintaining a water curtain on one side to prevent the flames from jumping to the nearby home. No injuries were reported.
Mumford said the garage suffered heavy damage but could not say if the structure was a total loss. The cause is under investigation, and a representative from the state fire marshal's office is expected at the site today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 13
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack