Home » News » Public Safety
Hopkinton garage burns, home OK
HOPKINTON - Firefighters were able to stop flames from a garage fire from spreading to a nearby home on Buzwell Corner Road Sunday afternoon.
Deputy Fire Chief Doug Mumford said his department received a call at 2:44 p.m. Sunday reporting heavy smoke and flames in a detached garage at 46 Buzwell Corner Road. Upon arrival, crews found a 30-by-60-foot detached garage engulfed in flames.
Mumford said the fire was knocked down after about 90 minutes, with firefighters maintaining a water curtain on one side to prevent the flames from jumping to the nearby home. No injuries were reported.
Mumford said the garage suffered heavy damage but could not say if the structure was a total loss. The cause is under investigation, and a representative from the state fire marshal's office is expected at the site today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council