Home » News » Public Safety
Hopkinton garage burns, home OK
HOPKINTON - Firefighters were able to stop flames from a garage fire from spreading to a nearby home on Buzwell Corner Road Sunday afternoon.
Deputy Fire Chief Doug Mumford said his department received a call at 2:44 p.m. Sunday reporting heavy smoke and flames in a detached garage at 46 Buzwell Corner Road. Upon arrival, crews found a 30-by-60-foot detached garage engulfed in flames.
Mumford said the fire was knocked down after about 90 minutes, with firefighters maintaining a water curtain on one side to prevent the flames from jumping to the nearby home. No injuries were reported.
Mumford said the garage suffered heavy damage but could not say if the structure was a total loss. The cause is under investigation, and a representative from the state fire marshal's office is expected at the site today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 3
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief