Home » News » Public Safety
Hopkinton garage burns, home OK
HOPKINTON - Firefighters were able to stop flames from a garage fire from spreading to a nearby home on Buzwell Corner Road Sunday afternoon.
Deputy Fire Chief Doug Mumford said his department received a call at 2:44 p.m. Sunday reporting heavy smoke and flames in a detached garage at 46 Buzwell Corner Road. Upon arrival, crews found a 30-by-60-foot detached garage engulfed in flames.
Mumford said the fire was knocked down after about 90 minutes, with firefighters maintaining a water curtain on one side to prevent the flames from jumping to the nearby home. No injuries were reported.
Mumford said the garage suffered heavy damage but could not say if the structure was a total loss. The cause is under investigation, and a representative from the state fire marshal's office is expected at the site today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 4
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal