Home » News » Public Safety
Hopkinton garage burns, home OK
HOPKINTON - Firefighters were able to stop flames from a garage fire from spreading to a nearby home on Buzwell Corner Road Sunday afternoon.
Deputy Fire Chief Doug Mumford said his department received a call at 2:44 p.m. Sunday reporting heavy smoke and flames in a detached garage at 46 Buzwell Corner Road. Upon arrival, crews found a 30-by-60-foot detached garage engulfed in flames.
Mumford said the fire was knocked down after about 90 minutes, with firefighters maintaining a water curtain on one side to prevent the flames from jumping to the nearby home. No injuries were reported.
Mumford said the garage suffered heavy damage but could not say if the structure was a total loss. The cause is under investigation, and a representative from the state fire marshal's office is expected at the site today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth