Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Hudson cabana
HUDSON - A Sunday morning fire damaged a pool cabana at a home on Hazelwood Drive.
Fire Capt. Todd Hansen said his department was called to 18 Hazelwood Drive at 9 a.m. Sunday on a report of smoke. Once on scene, fire crews discovered the rear portion of a 20-by-20-foot pool cabana on fire, as well as a small section of plantings.
Crews quickly knocked down the flames, containing the fire to the rear wall and roof of the cabana. The house was not damaged.
Although the cause of the fire had yet to be determined as of Sunday night, Hansen said preliminary investigation pointed to improper disposal of ashes as a likely source.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 85
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time