Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Hudson cabana
HUDSON - A Sunday morning fire damaged a pool cabana at a home on Hazelwood Drive.
Fire Capt. Todd Hansen said his department was called to 18 Hazelwood Drive at 9 a.m. Sunday on a report of smoke. Once on scene, fire crews discovered the rear portion of a 20-by-20-foot pool cabana on fire, as well as a small section of plantings.
Crews quickly knocked down the flames, containing the fire to the rear wall and roof of the cabana. The house was not damaged.
Although the cause of the fire had yet to be determined as of Sunday night, Hansen said preliminary investigation pointed to improper disposal of ashes as a likely source.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council