Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Hudson cabana
HUDSON - A Sunday morning fire damaged a pool cabana at a home on Hazelwood Drive.
Fire Capt. Todd Hansen said his department was called to 18 Hazelwood Drive at 9 a.m. Sunday on a report of smoke. Once on scene, fire crews discovered the rear portion of a 20-by-20-foot pool cabana on fire, as well as a small section of plantings.
Crews quickly knocked down the flames, containing the fire to the rear wall and roof of the cabana. The house was not damaged.
Although the cause of the fire had yet to be determined as of Sunday night, Hansen said preliminary investigation pointed to improper disposal of ashes as a likely source.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
- Man burned in North Hampton camper fire - 2
- Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline - 0
- Manchester woman injured in fall from back of motorcycle - 0
- Motorcyclist arrested for driving up to 152 mph - 32
- One hurt, one charged in ATV accident - 0
- Curbing motorcycle noise an ongoing effort for police - 40
- Rescuers find missing Gorham teen unhurt - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- UPDATED: Judge strikes down state education tax credit program, appeal expected - 1
- UPDATED: Little agreement on Medicaid expansion or revenues - 1
- Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH - 0
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- House-Senate talks on voter ID bill quickly break down, but agreement still possible - 2
Big Moose RV moves to massive Route 16 lot
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely