Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Hudson cabana
HUDSON - A Sunday morning fire damaged a pool cabana at a home on Hazelwood Drive.
Fire Capt. Todd Hansen said his department was called to 18 Hazelwood Drive at 9 a.m. Sunday on a report of smoke. Once on scene, fire crews discovered the rear portion of a 20-by-20-foot pool cabana on fire, as well as a small section of plantings.
Crews quickly knocked down the flames, containing the fire to the rear wall and roof of the cabana. The house was not damaged.
Although the cause of the fire had yet to be determined as of Sunday night, Hansen said preliminary investigation pointed to improper disposal of ashes as a likely source.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 10
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 13
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 36
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013