Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages Hudson cabana
HUDSON - A Sunday morning fire damaged a pool cabana at a home on Hazelwood Drive.
Fire Capt. Todd Hansen said his department was called to 18 Hazelwood Drive at 9 a.m. Sunday on a report of smoke. Once on scene, fire crews discovered the rear portion of a 20-by-20-foot pool cabana on fire, as well as a small section of plantings.
Crews quickly knocked down the flames, containing the fire to the rear wall and roof of the cabana. The house was not damaged.
Although the cause of the fire had yet to be determined as of Sunday night, Hansen said preliminary investigation pointed to improper disposal of ashes as a likely source.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Electric vehicle charging station at Pease - 0
- Seminar at SNHU offers tips for new businesses - 0
- Oracle's Ellison steps down as CEO - 0
- NFL: Hester sets return record as Falcons thrash Buccaneers, 56-14 - 0
- Australian PM cites 'chatter' of attacks on government, parliament - 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on arms for Syrians - 0
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too