Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Armed men rob motorist stopped at light in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A motorist was robbed by two men early Sunday morning while stopped at a red light at Hanover and Elm streets, police said.
The driver was in his vehicle about 1 a.m., stopped at the light when a man knocked on his window and asked for a ride. When he refused, the man pulled out a knife, held it to his throat and threatened to kill him if he moved, police said.
Another man opened the passenger-side door and pointed a handgun at him.
They took his cellphone, some cash from his wallet and then fled the scene, police said. The victim drove to Mechanic and Elm streets, where he asked someone to call police.
Officer Tim Ouellette, while checking the area, located a man matching the description of one of the robbers and detained him.
Officer John Levasseur also found a jacket hidden near where the man, identified as Marcus Hall, 27, no fixed address, was detained. The jacket matched the description of one worn by one of the robbers. A knife and mask were found inside the pockets, according to a news release.
As a result, Hall was arrested and charged with robbery.
The second robber, described as a heavyset black man armed with a handgun and wearing a dark-colored mask, remains at large.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 4
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 9
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483