Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Armed men rob motorist stopped at light in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A motorist was robbed by two men early Sunday morning while stopped at a red light at Hanover and Elm streets, police said.
The driver was in his vehicle about 1 a.m., stopped at the light when a man knocked on his window and asked for a ride. When he refused, the man pulled out a knife, held it to his throat and threatened to kill him if he moved, police said.
Another man opened the passenger-side door and pointed a handgun at him.
They took his cellphone, some cash from his wallet and then fled the scene, police said. The victim drove to Mechanic and Elm streets, where he asked someone to call police.
Officer Tim Ouellette, while checking the area, located a man matching the description of one of the robbers and detained him.
Officer John Levasseur also found a jacket hidden near where the man, identified as Marcus Hall, 27, no fixed address, was detained. The jacket matched the description of one worn by one of the robbers. A knife and mask were found inside the pockets, according to a news release.
As a result, Hall was arrested and charged with robbery.
The second robber, described as a heavyset black man armed with a handgun and wearing a dark-colored mask, remains at large.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 8
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917