Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Armed men rob motorist stopped at light in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A motorist was robbed by two men early Sunday morning while stopped at a red light at Hanover and Elm streets, police said.
The driver was in his vehicle about 1 a.m., stopped at the light when a man knocked on his window and asked for a ride. When he refused, the man pulled out a knife, held it to his throat and threatened to kill him if he moved, police said.
Another man opened the passenger-side door and pointed a handgun at him.
They took his cellphone, some cash from his wallet and then fled the scene, police said. The victim drove to Mechanic and Elm streets, where he asked someone to call police.
Officer Tim Ouellette, while checking the area, located a man matching the description of one of the robbers and detained him.
Officer John Levasseur also found a jacket hidden near where the man, identified as Marcus Hall, 27, no fixed address, was detained. The jacket matched the description of one worn by one of the robbers. A knife and mask were found inside the pockets, according to a news release.
As a result, Hall was arrested and charged with robbery.
The second robber, described as a heavyset black man armed with a handgun and wearing a dark-colored mask, remains at large.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief