Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Pepper spray defeats robber armed with machete in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A can of pepper spray was the weapon of choice for a store clerk who used it Sunday night to fend off a machete-wielding robber.
Police said the man tried to rob Hans Food Mart, 353 Maple St., just before 9 p.m.
The clerk said the man entered the store, approached the front counter and demanded cash. When she refused, the man pulled out a two-foot machete and again demanded cash. The woman pointed a canister of pepper spray at the robber, who fled the store without any money.
The robber is described as a white man with a thin build. He was wearing a jean jacket over a grey, hooded sweatshirt and jeans. He reportedly left the area driving an older, silver-colored Nissan. A black man wearing a dark puffy jacket was in the passenger seat.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth