Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Pepper spray defeats robber armed with machete in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A can of pepper spray was the weapon of choice for a store clerk who used it Sunday night to fend off a machete-wielding robber.
Police said the man tried to rob Hans Food Mart, 353 Maple St., just before 9 p.m.
The clerk said the man entered the store, approached the front counter and demanded cash. When she refused, the man pulled out a two-foot machete and again demanded cash. The woman pointed a canister of pepper spray at the robber, who fled the store without any money.
The robber is described as a white man with a thin build. He was wearing a jean jacket over a grey, hooded sweatshirt and jeans. He reportedly left the area driving an older, silver-colored Nissan. A black man wearing a dark puffy jacket was in the passenger seat.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 9
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
- Police: Nashua man in car targeted by gunfire was felon with gun - 1
- Man shot at in Nashua drive-by charged with unrelated possession of stolen gun - 0
- NH Supreme Court rules 4 teen killers entitled to sentencing hearings - 6
- Hampton woman who fatally struck pedestrian wants blood test thrown out of court - 1
- Man seeks to upend conviction in Deerfield home invasion case - 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 1
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917