Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Pepper spray defeats robber armed with machete in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A can of pepper spray was the weapon of choice for a store clerk who used it Sunday night to fend off a machete-wielding robber.
Police said the man tried to rob Hans Food Mart, 353 Maple St., just before 9 p.m.
The clerk said the man entered the store, approached the front counter and demanded cash. When she refused, the man pulled out a two-foot machete and again demanded cash. The woman pointed a canister of pepper spray at the robber, who fled the store without any money.
The robber is described as a white man with a thin build. He was wearing a jean jacket over a grey, hooded sweatshirt and jeans. He reportedly left the area driving an older, silver-colored Nissan. A black man wearing a dark puffy jacket was in the passenger seat.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 5
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Abortion buffer zone suspended throughout NH - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 0
- Another walk-off win for Red Sox - 0
- Nashua court gives veterans a fighting chance - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Thibodeau claims fourth NHWGA Junior title - 0
- Stocks end lower on Portugal bank woes - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917