June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Pepper spray defeats robber armed with machete in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A can of pepper spray was the weapon of choice for a store clerk who used it Sunday night to fend off a machete-wielding robber.
Police said the man tried to rob Hans Food Mart, 353 Maple St., just before 9 p.m.
The clerk said the man entered the store, approached the front counter and demanded cash. When she refused, the man pulled out a two-foot machete and again demanded cash. The woman pointed a canister of pepper spray at the robber, who fled the store without any money.
The robber is described as a white man with a thin build. He was wearing a jean jacket over a grey, hooded sweatshirt and jeans. He reportedly left the area driving an older, silver-colored Nissan. A black man wearing a dark puffy jacket was in the passenger seat.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 2
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 16
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424