Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Pepper spray defeats robber armed with machete in Manchester
MANCHESTER - A can of pepper spray was the weapon of choice for a store clerk who used it Sunday night to fend off a machete-wielding robber.
Police said the man tried to rob Hans Food Mart, 353 Maple St., just before 9 p.m.
The clerk said the man entered the store, approached the front counter and demanded cash. When she refused, the man pulled out a two-foot machete and again demanded cash. The woman pointed a canister of pepper spray at the robber, who fled the store without any money.
The robber is described as a white man with a thin build. He was wearing a jean jacket over a grey, hooded sweatshirt and jeans. He reportedly left the area driving an older, silver-colored Nissan. A black man wearing a dark puffy jacket was in the passenger seat.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424