Home » News » Public Safety
Salem crash causes I-93 south traffic jam
SALEM - An accident Monday morning shut down a stretch of Interstate 93 South, between Exits 1 and 2, for about two hours and made a parking lot of the area near Exit 3, according to highway officials.
Police officials rerouted traffic at Exit 2, according to a spokesman from the state Traffic Management Center.
The crash was reported at 5:48 a.m. and both state and Salem police responded to the scene, quickly detouring motorists around the crash site. The highway was reopened about two hours later but traffic was still moving slowly.
The area near Exit 3 South about 6:30 a.m. had become somewhat of a parking lot because of the commuter traffic backup and because of a second accident, the spokesman said.
Commuters were urged to find alternate routes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it