Home » News » Public Safety
Salem crash causes I-93 south traffic jam
SALEM - An accident Monday morning shut down a stretch of Interstate 93 South, between Exits 1 and 2, for about two hours and made a parking lot of the area near Exit 3, according to highway officials.
Police officials rerouted traffic at Exit 2, according to a spokesman from the state Traffic Management Center.
The crash was reported at 5:48 a.m. and both state and Salem police responded to the scene, quickly detouring motorists around the crash site. The highway was reopened about two hours later but traffic was still moving slowly.
The area near Exit 3 South about 6:30 a.m. had become somewhat of a parking lot because of the commuter traffic backup and because of a second accident, the spokesman said.
Commuters were urged to find alternate routes.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads