Powerball fever is growing: A half-billion dollars up for grabs
CONCORD - Thanks to record-breaking sales, the New Hampshire Lottery announced this afternoon that the estimate for the Powerball jackpot for Wednesday night's drawing has grown to $500 million, with a one-time cash payout option of $327.4 million.
"As expected, Powerball ticket sales are through the roof as folks line up to take a chance at becoming the largest jackpot winner ever," said Charlie McIntyre, executive director of the New Hampshire Lottery. "Since the Powerball drawing on Saturday night, we've already sold more than $1 million in tickets and we expect to sell another $2 million before the drawing on Wednesday night. Don't miss out on the chance to win half a billion dollars. Buy your tickets early and dream about what you would do if you won!"
The largest Powerball jackpot won to date was $365 million won by a group of eight ConAgra workers in Nebraska in February of 2006.
One $10,000 winning ticket was sold in Saturday night's drawing. That winning ticket was sold at the Hannaford Grocery Store on Route 16 in North Conway. No one has yet come forward to claim that prize.
Powerball tickets are on sale at over 1,250 locations in New Hampshire until 9:50 p.m. Wednesday night. The drawing is just before 11 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday