Powerball fever is growing: A half-billion dollars up for grabs
CONCORD - Thanks to record-breaking sales, the New Hampshire Lottery announced this afternoon that the estimate for the Powerball jackpot for Wednesday night's drawing has grown to $500 million, with a one-time cash payout option of $327.4 million.
"As expected, Powerball ticket sales are through the roof as folks line up to take a chance at becoming the largest jackpot winner ever," said Charlie McIntyre, executive director of the New Hampshire Lottery. "Since the Powerball drawing on Saturday night, we've already sold more than $1 million in tickets and we expect to sell another $2 million before the drawing on Wednesday night. Don't miss out on the chance to win half a billion dollars. Buy your tickets early and dream about what you would do if you won!"
The largest Powerball jackpot won to date was $365 million won by a group of eight ConAgra workers in Nebraska in February of 2006.
One $10,000 winning ticket was sold in Saturday night's drawing. That winning ticket was sold at the Hannaford Grocery Store on Route 16 in North Conway. No one has yet come forward to claim that prize.
Powerball tickets are on sale at over 1,250 locations in New Hampshire until 9:50 p.m. Wednesday night. The drawing is just before 11 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use