Powerball fever is growing: A half-billion dollars up for grabs
CONCORD - Thanks to record-breaking sales, the New Hampshire Lottery announced this afternoon that the estimate for the Powerball jackpot for Wednesday night's drawing has grown to $500 million, with a one-time cash payout option of $327.4 million.
"As expected, Powerball ticket sales are through the roof as folks line up to take a chance at becoming the largest jackpot winner ever," said Charlie McIntyre, executive director of the New Hampshire Lottery. "Since the Powerball drawing on Saturday night, we've already sold more than $1 million in tickets and we expect to sell another $2 million before the drawing on Wednesday night. Don't miss out on the chance to win half a billion dollars. Buy your tickets early and dream about what you would do if you won!"
The largest Powerball jackpot won to date was $365 million won by a group of eight ConAgra workers in Nebraska in February of 2006.
One $10,000 winning ticket was sold in Saturday night's drawing. That winning ticket was sold at the Hannaford Grocery Store on Route 16 in North Conway. No one has yet come forward to claim that prize.
Powerball tickets are on sale at over 1,250 locations in New Hampshire until 9:50 p.m. Wednesday night. The drawing is just before 11 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three named to Manchester school posts - 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'