Powerball fever is growing: A half-billion dollars up for grabs
CONCORD - Thanks to record-breaking sales, the New Hampshire Lottery announced this afternoon that the estimate for the Powerball jackpot for Wednesday night's drawing has grown to $500 million, with a one-time cash payout option of $327.4 million.
"As expected, Powerball ticket sales are through the roof as folks line up to take a chance at becoming the largest jackpot winner ever," said Charlie McIntyre, executive director of the New Hampshire Lottery. "Since the Powerball drawing on Saturday night, we've already sold more than $1 million in tickets and we expect to sell another $2 million before the drawing on Wednesday night. Don't miss out on the chance to win half a billion dollars. Buy your tickets early and dream about what you would do if you won!"
The largest Powerball jackpot won to date was $365 million won by a group of eight ConAgra workers in Nebraska in February of 2006.
One $10,000 winning ticket was sold in Saturday night's drawing. That winning ticket was sold at the Hannaford Grocery Store on Route 16 in North Conway. No one has yet come forward to claim that prize.
Powerball tickets are on sale at over 1,250 locations in New Hampshire until 9:50 p.m. Wednesday night. The drawing is just before 11 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads