Powerball fever is growing: A half-billion dollars up for grabs
CONCORD - Thanks to record-breaking sales, the New Hampshire Lottery announced this afternoon that the estimate for the Powerball jackpot for Wednesday night's drawing has grown to $500 million, with a one-time cash payout option of $327.4 million.
"As expected, Powerball ticket sales are through the roof as folks line up to take a chance at becoming the largest jackpot winner ever," said Charlie McIntyre, executive director of the New Hampshire Lottery. "Since the Powerball drawing on Saturday night, we've already sold more than $1 million in tickets and we expect to sell another $2 million before the drawing on Wednesday night. Don't miss out on the chance to win half a billion dollars. Buy your tickets early and dream about what you would do if you won!"
The largest Powerball jackpot won to date was $365 million won by a group of eight ConAgra workers in Nebraska in February of 2006.
One $10,000 winning ticket was sold in Saturday night's drawing. That winning ticket was sold at the Hannaford Grocery Store on Route 16 in North Conway. No one has yet come forward to claim that prize.
Powerball tickets are on sale at over 1,250 locations in New Hampshire until 9:50 p.m. Wednesday night. The drawing is just before 11 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 27
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m