Size of Powerball jackpot fuels big ticket sales in NH
CONCORD - Ticket sales for Wednesday's record Powerball jackpot are brisk and expected pick up considerably as the drawing approaches.
The New Hampshire Lottery said sales before Saturday's drawing were close to $2 million for Powerball tickets alone.
"Certainly they are ramping up," lottery spokesman Maura McCann said Monday. "Ticket sales are strong. They'll really kind of turn on Tuesday and Wednesday. "The day of the draw is always the day the sales are at their highest."
Wednesday's estimated jackpot is $425 million, well in excess of the current record of $365 million a group of ConAgra workers in Nebraska shared in 2006.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Page One Editorial: Control of NH’s future: Today’s House vote will be one for the ages - 17
- Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands - 9
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 26
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 15
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 35
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 7
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641