Size of Powerball jackpot fuels big ticket sales in NH
CONCORD - Ticket sales for Wednesday's record Powerball jackpot are brisk and expected pick up considerably as the drawing approaches.
The New Hampshire Lottery said sales before Saturday's drawing were close to $2 million for Powerball tickets alone.
"Certainly they are ramping up," lottery spokesman Maura McCann said Monday. "Ticket sales are strong. They'll really kind of turn on Tuesday and Wednesday. "The day of the draw is always the day the sales are at their highest."
Wednesday's estimated jackpot is $425 million, well in excess of the current record of $365 million a group of ConAgra workers in Nebraska shared in 2006.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline set for identifiers on for-profit MADD donation bins in NH - 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 1
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Milton residents considering big issues at the polls Tuesday - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Voting is not just for adults in Windham - 0
- Voter turnout is low but steady in Bedford - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus