Size of Powerball jackpot fuels big ticket sales in NH
CONCORD - Ticket sales for Wednesday's record Powerball jackpot are brisk and expected pick up considerably as the drawing approaches.
The New Hampshire Lottery said sales before Saturday's drawing were close to $2 million for Powerball tickets alone.
"Certainly they are ramping up," lottery spokesman Maura McCann said Monday. "Ticket sales are strong. They'll really kind of turn on Tuesday and Wednesday. "The day of the draw is always the day the sales are at their highest."
Wednesday's estimated jackpot is $425 million, well in excess of the current record of $365 million a group of ConAgra workers in Nebraska shared in 2006.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry victim of Maine shooting expected to recover - 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 0
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 1
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'