Homeowner charged with arson in Franklin
November 26. 2012 10:33PM
FRANKLIN - A man whose house was destroyed by fire on Nov. 15 faces charges of arson, insurance fraud and reckless conduct.
The New Hampshire Fire Marshal's office said in a release Monday night that Philip E. Rudolph, 50, had been arrested and charged in the fire at his home at 308 Salisbury Road, where firefighters had extinguished a minor fire earlier in the day.
District Chief Max Schultz of the State Fire Marshal's office said Rudolph is accused of intentionally setting a second fire around 4 p.m., destroying the home. Schultz said reports that the morning fire reignited were false.
Rudolph was being held on $100,000 cash-only bail and scheduled to appear in 6th Circuit Court, Franklin District Division, on Tuesday morning.
The Fire Marshal's office said the investigation was still ongoing.