Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Four vehicles targeted and damaged by gas thieves in Pembroke
PEMBROKE - In a case that so far has police stumped, four Pembroke residents have reported their cars were drained of fuel and, in some cases, their gas tanks punctured.
The four incidents of gas theft all occurred between the night of Friday, Nov. 16, and the following morning near Donna Drive, a housing development area in the center of town.
According to police, the stolen gas was not siphoned. Instead, the thieves crawled beneath the cars to access the gas tanks directly by removing a plug or cap if present, or otherwise simply by drilling a hole and taking "as much as they could."
"I could only imagine that they did it that way because if they're siphoning it, they're a lot more visible next to the car than they would be under the car," Lt. Gary Gaskell said.
The four victims reported the theft Saturday morning after noticing their severely depleted tanks. No reports have been made since Saturday, but according to Gaskell "that doesn't mean it hasn't happened."
Gaskell said he didn't recall similar incidents in town.
Pembroke police have identified no suspects or leads in the case.
If you have any information about the crimes or have seen someone walking with gas tanks in the area of Donna Drive, Pembroke police ask that you call them at 485-342.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424