May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Four vehicles targeted and damaged by gas thieves in Pembroke
PEMBROKE - In a case that so far has police stumped, four Pembroke residents have reported their cars were drained of fuel and, in some cases, their gas tanks punctured.
The four incidents of gas theft all occurred between the night of Friday, Nov. 16, and the following morning near Donna Drive, a housing development area in the center of town.
According to police, the stolen gas was not siphoned. Instead, the thieves crawled beneath the cars to access the gas tanks directly by removing a plug or cap if present, or otherwise simply by drilling a hole and taking "as much as they could."
"I could only imagine that they did it that way because if they're siphoning it, they're a lot more visible next to the car than they would be under the car," Lt. Gary Gaskell said.
The four victims reported the theft Saturday morning after noticing their severely depleted tanks. No reports have been made since Saturday, but according to Gaskell "that doesn't mean it hasn't happened."
Gaskell said he didn't recall similar incidents in town.
Pembroke police have identified no suspects or leads in the case.
If you have any information about the crimes or have seen someone walking with gas tanks in the area of Donna Drive, Pembroke police ask that you call them at 485-342.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424